Manila is just an hour away from my hometown. I remember one event in my life that I spent my birthday roaming around Manila. I went to Quiapo Church to pray, had a quick tour in Intramuros and ended the day in Robinsons Ermita all alone. There would be a lot of things that I could write down on this post but I prefer to write down the top 8 things I definitely love about Manila.
1. FOOD
Who wouldn't love food? As a food junkie ( certified matakaw ), I can say that I have tried different type food that satisfies my taste buds. Some of it are street food, such as kwek-kwek and fishballs.
Here are some of my photos that I collected for the last couple of years. Please excuse the quality of the photos as it was taken by phone's camera.
Starbucks' Oreo cheesecake and the usual frappe. Not a fan of frappe though.
Bannaple's Signature Blueberry Cheese Cake.
Happy Lemon's Bestseller.. Rock Salt and Cheese. I am a happy bear! There's Dee in the background. Hi Dee! ( Bff's son )
Chatime's Wintermelon Tea, I forgot the name of the other tea. Sorry. -__-
Pepper lunch!!! So yummers!!!
And here is the the competitor... Pepper Rice!
Coke Float and Banana Split from a local Ice Cream Parlor near my Univeristy.
You are not a Filipino if you haven't tried the famous Lechon! Nomnomnom
( Photo was taken during my brother's 21st Bday. )
Pho Hoa's Vietnamese Pho
Savory's Meal Plate, I can't remember the name of the dish since my friend Garz ordered for us.
2. PEOPLE
Filipinos are known for it's hospitality, genuine smile and perky attitude. Ehem! We are known worldwide
because of these qualities. Tourists also prefers Manila as they do not have a hard time interacting with the locals. English Classes has been included as early as Preparatory Education, but not all can speak the language fluently.
3. NIGHT LIFE
We have a lot of local singers and entertainers throughout Manila that performs in a different bars and pubs that offers extreme entertainment that wont't hurt the pocket. You can choose either from a Comedy Bars, Pubs that has Acoustic Nights and Super Clubs.
Inramuros is a must see place in Manila. It was built during Spanish Colonial Period on 16th Century and also known as the Walled City. It is one of the most popular tourist attraction nowadays.
When I was 16, Mom was yelling at me one morning because she caught me sneaking back to my room. Those were the days that my cousin Ate Michelle and I loves to hang out on the Walled City every night. We love meeting other people around and dreams of catching a Spanish Soldier in the Middle of the night. We just love to sit at the top of the walls and look over the golf course around the Walled City.
4. INTRAMUROS
Inramuros is a must see place in Manila. It was built during Spanish Colonial Period on 16th Century and also known as the Walled City. It is one of the most popular tourist attraction nowadays.
When I was 16, Mom was yelling at me one morning because she caught me sneaking back to my room. Those were the days that my cousin Ate Michelle and I loves to hang out on the Walled City every night. We love meeting other people around and dreams of catching a Spanish Soldier in the Middle of the night. We just love to sit at the top of the walls and look over the golf course around the Walled City.
Intramuros By Night
Photo Credits: amherstureiqn.wordpress.com
5. SHOPPING
Divisoria, Greenhills Shopping Center and St. Francis Square. This made it to my list. They are the famous shopping hotspots in Manila for both locals and foreigners. Unbranded products comes with a good quality for an affordable prices.
6. CHINATOWN
Every country has it's own version of Chinatown, here in Manila it is located in Binondo just across Intramuros.
Here are some photos that I took last March 2013.
Richard and I went to Masuki. One of the oldest Restaurant in Chinatown that offers awesome Siomai (Dumplings), Siopao, and Wanton Mami.
Look how big the Siomai is.Yum in my tum!
7. MALL OF ASIA
Mall of Asia is located in Pasay, a few minutes away from the Manila International Airport, by it's location, it is easier for most of the people to visit the place. What I love about this is place is that you can dine, drink, shop, skate, walk by the bay ( Manila Bay ), ride the MOA's Eye.
Photo Credits: Google
8. JEEPNEY
Most common mode of transportation in the Philippines is the Jeepneys or we call it as Jeep (Dyip).
Photo Credits: Google
Thank you for reading and see you on my next post.
Love,
Katy






















Very nice post madam! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Andi! Looking forward for your own blog. (:
Deletewinner! :D
ReplyDelete